"An incredible and unique insight into the Set Dec department. "
4 DAY SET DECORATING COURSE
This course examines all aspects of working in the Set Decorating Department on a feature film.
Led by established Set Decorators, the course is a mix of theoretical sessions and practical exercises and covers the following areas:
We look at the following:
• The roles and responsibilities of the Set Decorating department
• How to do an effective script breakdown
• How to research time periods, colour and props
• How to create mood boards and dressing plans
• How to work with fabrics and wallpaper
• How to read and measure from technical drawings
• How to quantify props and accurately cost a set
• How to create and manage successful relationships with the Prop Houses
• How to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments
Additional feature film Set Decorators, Asst Set Decorators and Production Buyers also come to talk to participants about their work. So, there are lots of networking opportunities!
This course is aimed at those who have an interest in getting into the Set Decorating department, or who may be working in the Art department and looking to transfer into Set Decorating.
Attendees may be eligible to receive a bursary from ScreenSkills, for more information on criteria and how to apply visit https://www.screenskills.com/opportunities/bursary-guidelines/